The 美国残疾人法案 (ADA) was enacted by Congress in 1990 to protect individuals with disabilities from discrimination in access to employment, 政府服务和项目, 公共设施, 运输, 和电信. 这是法律规定的, the ADA is "an Act to establish a clear and comprehensive prohibition of discrimination on the basis of disability."
Court ADA Accommodations and 申诉程序 Information
- 型号ADA住宿申请 转到表格
- Directory of bg视讯 ADA Coordinators View PDF 文件-修订于2019年5月
- Links to 艾达信息 on Trial and Appellate Court Websites 现在转到链接列表!
- 申诉程序 (Designation of Responsible Person and Internal 申诉程序 for the Supreme Court and State Courts System)
- 不满投诉表格 (美国残疾人法案 of 1990 Statement of Grievance)
These guidelines have been developed to assist judges and staff in implementing the ADA in the court system.
标题一指南 were prepared to assist elected officials, nonjudicial军官, and supervisors in ensuring compliance with the employment provisions of the ADA. Included are a practical summary of Title I, an overview of the legal obligations in recruiting practices and the interview process, 以及可用的参考资料和资源.
第二篇指引 were prepared to assist judicial officers and courthouse personnel in understanding the state and local 政府 provisions of the ADA and to assist them in ensuring that architectural or communication barriers do not obstruct any person's access to the courts. Included are a practical summary of Title II, an overview of accessibility requirements, and guidance on determining appropriate accommodations.
Creating Accessible Documents Using Microsoft 词 现在打开文档!
Court Facility Survey Initiative, 2006-08
正义R. Fred Lewis speaks about the importance of ensuring that courthouses are accessible to persons with disabilities. Nearly 400 people attended the regional training sessions, which were designed to prepare participants for surveying the accessibility of court facilities across the state. 读取记录.
The ADA is organized into five titles that provide definitions and prohibitions of disability within a specific arena:
- Title I applies to employment and provides protection for qualified applicants and employees, 包括法官和法院工作人员.
- Title II applies to 项目 and services of state and local 政府s, 包括司法部门. Title II provides that "subject to the provisions of this title, no qualified individual with a disability shall, 由于这种残疾, be excluded from participation in or be denied the benefits of the services, 项目, 或公共实体的活动, or be subjected to discrimination by any such entity."
- Title III applies to 公共设施 and services operated by private entities. 例子包括律师, 介质, 医生, 酒店, 运输服务, 餐厅, 商店, 航空公司, 和购物中心.
- Title V contains miscellaneous provisions.
Agencies below provide informal guidance in understanding and complying with different provisions of the ADA.
Department of Justice offers technical assistance on the ADA Standards for Accessible Design and other ADA provisions applying to businesses, 非营利服务机构, and state and local 政府 项目; also provides information on how to file ADA complaints.
- Equal 就业 Opportunity Commission offers technical assistance on the ADA provisions applying to employment; also provides information on how to file ADA complaints.
- 跳板, or Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board, offers technical assistance on the ADA Accessibility Guidelines.
- U.S. 部门. of Justice ADA Best Practices Tool Kit for State and Local Government
- U.S. 跳板 Courthouse Accessibility Advisory Committee
- 就业安置网(JAN) http://askjan.org/ -由美国提供的一种服务.S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability 就业 Policy, 1月提供免费, 专家, and confidential guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues.
- 艾达全国网络 http://adata.org/Static/Home.aspx -由美国DBTAC资助.S. 教育部, National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation 研究, 本网站提供的信息, guidance and training on the 美国残疾人法案, 量身定制，满足业务需求, 政府, 和个人.
- Florida Coordinating Council for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- The State Courts System has established a “bg视讯 艾达信息” page on 脸谱网